Caries treatment and prevention: how to keep your teeth healthy
Caries are the most common dental disease. Untimely visiting a doctor threatens to cause more severe problems, so diagnosing it in time and starting treatment is essential.
The cause of caries is damage to the enamel, which leads to the appearance of cavities. It can happen due to the following:
- Mechanical injury, for example, a blow, resulting in chips. The natural protective barrier is broken, opening the bacteria's access to soft tissues, so the destruction occurs already at deeper levels.
- Chemical damage. Microorganisms in the human oral cavity secrete acid, which is pretty safe for the body if you follow oral hygiene. But a favorable environment is created if you eat a lot of sweets and other carbohydrates while neglecting hygiene. As a result, this acid affects the tooth enamel and leads to caries.
Causes of caries
Caries are common in both adults and children. It affects not only permanent but also baby teeth. The most common triggers and development of caries:
- violations in the process of tooth formation, which may be associated with some diseases suffered in childhood;
- weak immunity;
- gastrointestinal diseases;
- neglect of hygiene;
- predominance of carbohydrate-rich foods in the daily diet, as well as a shortage of vegetables;
- lack of vitamins and minerals (fluorine, calcium, and phosphorus).
All of the above changes the structure of tooth enamel and contributes to an increase in the number of bacteria in the mouth due to a large amount of plaque. The leading cause of multiple caries is the neglect of the process.
Types and stages of caries development
From the appearance of a small spot on the enamel to tooth destruction, the disease goes through three stages:
- Initial, or surface, when a light spot appears on the enamel, having a smooth surface. After the period of demineralization of the foci stops, the place becomes rough and dark.
- The dentin (the layer under the enamel) is affected at the next middle stage, resulting in a cavity.
- The stage of deep caries is characterized by the transition of inflammation far beyond the dentin, which causes various complications. How is deep caries treated? Like everyone else, the extensive processing area takes a bit longer.
In children, development proceeds much faster — caries can quickly destroy a baby's tooth in the acute stage. Doctors distinguish two leading causes of caries in children — poor hygiene and excessive consumption of sweets. In adults, the process is most often slow; destruction occurs slowly.
Why should caries be treated on time?
The essence of treatment is to clean out all unhealthy tissues and give the tooth its original healthy appearance by filling the cleaned cavity.
The differences in treatment at different stages are in how long it will take, what material a doctor will select, and the location of the damaged unit. The doctor will tell you how caries are treated on the front teeth at the initial consultation. As a rule, restoration is required in addition to cleaning the damaged area, including the more careful color selection and surface treatment of the filled teeth.
Stages of caries treatment in the "Smile Factor" clinic:
- Primary diagnostics and specialist consultation.
- Cleansing of the affected dentin, if necessary, using anesthesia.
- Treatment of the tooth with antiseptic.
- Applying the adhesive base in layers, each of which is illuminated by a special lamp. Thus, its anatomical appearance is restored.
- Grinding and polishing of the seal.
Do not hesitate to visit the dentist because the later the treatment is started, the more complex and expensive it will be:
- Inflammation quickly reaches the nerve and spreads to the periodontal surfaces, provoking the appearance of periodontitis and pulpitis.
- A highly neglected process contributes to the destruction of the crown part, and therefore it is necessary to install a prosthesis.
- Caries should be treated because they can lead to a sharp decrease in immunity and efficiency.
- . Due to the fact that there are a lot of "bad" bacteria in the blood, the risk of developing concomitant diseases increases.
The best way to avoid the disease is to protect your teeth. Caries, the causes we have already highlighted, are well-preventable.
The basic rules of prevention that you need to stick to:
- choose the suitable paste and brush;
- Thoroughly clean your teeth two times a day and use dental floss;
- Use mouthwash;
- revise your diet by reducing the amount of sugary and other high-carbohydrate foods;
- monitor the level of fluoride in the body and replenish it in case of shortage;
- do not eat food with a contrasting temperature;
- Have regular dental checkups.
These rules are relatively easy to implement, but their observance can save you from serious problems.
Dentistry "Smile Factor" is an effective treatment without pain.
Gone are the days when the sound of a drill caused panic in patients of all ages, and a visit to a dental clinic was associated with constant pain and torment. How are caries treated now? A modern approach, the latest technologies and equipment, effective anesthesia and gentle manipulation, and aesthetic fillings.
Today, going to a doctor's appointment, you can not be afraid of unpleasant sensations because now it does not hurt to treat dental caries. And it is necessary to go if you experience discomfort or pain of varying intensity. After all, caries is an insidious disease that can be localized not only on the tooth's surface but also under an old filling or even in the gum.
Advantages of caries treatment in dentistry "Smile Factor":
- Each of our clients has a personal consultant.
- The clinic employs various highly specialized specialists, so all consultations are held on the spot.
- The cost of treatment is fixed.
- Before starting treatment, the doctor draws up a plan and provides it to the patient in printed form.
- All our materials are certified, which guarantees their durability.
- Treatment is carried out with a high-precision microscope.
- Our services' prices are adequate compared to other clinics. And if the patient does not have the opportunity to pay immediately, then we are happy to provide an installment plan.
If you still do not know whether you need to treat caries, make an appointment, and our highly qualified specialists will not only consult on the need for treatment but also relieve you of pain by returning a charming smile.