All-on-4 dental implants: who is an ideal candidate, what advantages of the method, and what contraindications
The uniqueness of All-on-4 dental prosthetics technique is that the entire dentition is restored with just four implants in one day. Doctors of the "Smile Factor" clinic, with many years of prosthetic experience, successfully return beautiful smiles to patients of all ages with any degree of tooth decay.
Prosthetics using All-on-4 method is a complete prosthesis fixed on four implants. Such prostheses are anatomically more accurate and hypoallergenic.
The technology of prosthetics, "All-on-4 implants," is patented by Nobel Biocare. Thanks to the development of digital dentistry in conjunction with fundamental medicine, teeth on four implants are held securely, which allows the patient to eat calmly and smile.
Who is an ideal candidate for implantation on four implants?
Dental prosthetics All-on-4 are not suitable for every patient. Before prescribing the procedure, the doctor will diagnose, examine X-rays and assess the bone tissue's condition.
The prosthesis on 4 implants is used for people with:
- complete edentulism;
- atrophy of the jaw bone, which occurs in old age;
- lack of bone tissue;
- teeth affected by caries and the inability to treat them;
- unstable removable prosthesis;
- advanced periodontitis and periodontal disease;
- frontal and maxillary sinuses located close to the upper jaw;
- loose and aching teeth.
Dental implantation on 4 implants is contraindicated for patients with:
- absence of 1-3 teeth;
- autoimmune diseases;
- other contraindications to implantation.
Advantages of All-on-4 prosthetics
This method has several significant advantages:
- You can completely restore lost teeth in just a few hours.
- A temporary prosthesis is installed immediately, so the patient will not experience discomfort while waiting for the construction to be made.
- Installing such an orthodontic prosthesis, a patient avoids bone grafting.
- Saving on the face – restoring all teeth at once will be cheaper than installing single implants.
- A company that owns a patent for installing fixed dentures on 4 implants called All-on 4 – Nobel Biocare gives a lifetime warranty on its products.
- You can return 13% of the amount spent by making a tax deduction. To do this, you need to contact our employee at reception.
The process of installing the structure is performed in several stages:
- Diagnostics, during which all the necessary images are taken, digital scanning, and the situation is assessed. The implantologist prescribes the optimal method of prosthetics.
- The installation of implants is carried out only in areas with enough bone tissue, eliminating the need for its build-up. All-on-4 dental prosthetics take no more than 1.5 hours.
- Installation of a temporary prosthesis is for 6 months. During this time, a permanent structure is made.
- Installation of a permanent prosthesis is done individually for each patient, taking into account his anatomical features.
The fixation of the permanent denture on 6 implants goes through the same stages, only instead of 4 implants, 6 are installed; therefore, it takes a little more time to work.
Why is it essential to replace a temporary prosthesis?
Prosthetics of teeth on 4 implants involve the installation of a temporary prosthesis, which must be replaced with a permanent one in no more than 12 months. This procedure should be done for the following reasons:
- Adaptive design wears out over time; color changes; lose their aesthetics.
- Due to the abrasion, the occlusal vertical dimension decreases, and the effectiveness of implantation decreases.
- During the adaptation period (6-12 months), specific changes occur in the mucous membranes and bone tissue because the prosthesis begins to fit worse, causing discomfort to the owner.
- The adaptive design is facilitated, which is why the cells do not receive nutrition, and the bone tissue does not receive the necessary load.
The difference between All-on-4 dental implantation and All-on-6 prosthetics
The implantation of 6 implants differs from All-on-4 technology in the number of implants installed and the price. Prosthetics technology is preferred for those patients whose bone tissue is not dense enough, and there is a risk of overloading the base installed on 4 implants.
In many cases, the upper jaw is made based on 6 implants due to anatomical features, and the lower jaw is made on 4 implants. When using four implants, the load is distributed and held worse, which is why the structure may become loose over time.
Prosthetics All-on-4 and All-on-6 are popular ways to restore dentition among our patients. Implantation of the entire jaw is optimal for people with damaged teeth or complete edentulism. The advantage of the procedure is the speed of installation and durability.
How much do prosthetics on 4 implants cost?
The price of the All-on-4 procedure depends on many factors — the selected implant, the state of the oral cavity and health in general, and other essential details that a specialist will diagnose during the examination.
Our dental clinic employs professionals with many years of successful prosthetics experience. At a free consultation, you will receive answers to all your questions, learn about the specifics of the procedure and receive individual recommendations from a specialist.